The Warming Shelter will is open each night from 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM. The Shelter is located in the lower parking lot of Hood River Valley Christian Church at 975 Indian Creek Road. Hood River Shelter Services is utilizing a non-congregate model with guests housed in emergency shelter units and additional shelter services mobilized on site including meals, bedding, warm clothing, and toiletries. Please see the flyer below for Warming Shelter services and transportation by CAT in English and in Spanish. Guest arrivals will be welcome 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM nightly and guests must depart the premises by 8:00 AM each morning. Transportation will be provided by CAT with several dedicated trips to the Shelter each morning and evening; this service will connect with the existing CAT City Bus Route.
Warming Shelter hours and location 2020-2021
Primary services include overnight shelter mid-November through mid-March, healthy meals provided in collaboration with local restaurants, warm clothing and bedding, toiletries, and access to laundry.
Supportive services provided in collaboration with our community partners including referrals to community health workers and health care or social service professionals.
Historic Shelter Statistics:
- 2012-2013 48 individual guests, including two families
- 2014-2015 62 individual guests, including 11 women and 51 men
- 2016-2017 86 individual guests
2019-2020 Shelter Season Statistics:
- HRSS served 94 individual guests including 13 women and 14 people over the age of 60
- The shelter was open 102 nights with an average nightly guest count of 19 people per night
- HRSS Overnight Staff Project brought paid staff on site during all hours of shelter operations
- 107 community volunteers served alongside shelter staff to make shelter operations possible
- Weekly Resource Nights on site at the shelter with visits from health & social service professionals
- Collaborative work on Hood River Homelessness Stakeholders Coalition with community partners