Primary services include overnight shelter mid-November through mid-March, healthy meals provided in collaboration with local restaurants, warm clothing, toiletries, shower passes, and access to laundry.
- On-site visits at the shelter with health insurance enrollment assisters, community health workers, and health care and social service professionals.
- Supportive services provided in collaboration with our community partners.
Historic Shelter Statistics:
- 2012-2013 48 individual guests, including two families
- 2014-2015 62 individual guests, including 11 women and 51 men
- 2016-2017 86 individual guests
2019-2020 Shelter Season Statistics:
- HRSS served 94 individual guests including 13 women and 14 people over the age of 60
- The shelter was open 102 nights with an average nightly guest count of 19 people per night
- HRSS Overnight Staff Project brought paid staff on site during all hours of shelter operations
- 107 community volunteers served alongside shelter staff to make shelter operations possible
- Weekly Resource Nights on site at the shelter with visits from health & social service professionals
- Collaborative work on Hood River Homelessness Stakeholders Coalition with community partners