Winter Warming Sheler Services Include:
- A warm, safe place to sleep
- Healthy meals
- Clothing, bedding, and toiletries
- Access to showers and laundry
- On-site visits from outreach, housing, health, and social service professionals.
Historic Shelter Statistics:
- 2012-2013 48 individual guests, including two families
- 2014-2015 62 individual guests, including 11 women and 51 men
- 2016-2017 86 individual guests
- 2019-2020 94 individual guests, including 13 women and 14 people over the age of 60
- 2020-2021 89 individual guests, including 25 women and 4 people over the age of 60.
2021-2022 Shelter Season Statistics:
- Shelter operations moved to a new, mulit-year location central to public transportation and services.
- HRSS piloted 24 hour shelter operations
- HRSS provided shelter to 55 individual guests, with an average nightly guest count of 21 people per night, and served approximately 15 additional people through meals and supplies
- Shelter guests included 21 women and 34 men who range in age from 21-74, with 9 people over the age of 60. 9 guests identified as Native American and 6 as Hispanic or Latino.
- 75% of shelter guests listed their last place of residence as a location within the Columbia Gorge.
- 7 individuals exited our shelter program ot long-term housing placements.